If you would like to enquire about booking a Herriot Country Tour with us please email us on email@example.com or complete the form below. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
- Thank you so much for our James Herriot Yorkshire experience. We will never forget all the places Peter took us to and the James Herriot museum, which brought back many memories from his wonderful books. Also thank you for your kind hospitality and excellent breakfasts. The time we spent with the lambs and sheep will never be forgotten.
- Peter, you have given us a Yorkshire experience we will long remember. Thanks to Chris's good planning it all worked very well. Seeing your home and getting to know you over tea and scones was very special. Thanks for a wonderful tour.
- We have recently returned home from our SECOND trip to Herriot Country with Peter and Chris. We wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend this experience to anyone who love animals, beautiful scenery and wonderful treatment. As farmers ourselves, we have enjoyed the James Herriot books and the PBS television show "All Creatures Great and Small". Our time in Yorkshire with Peter and Chris was just like stepping into the books. Yorkshire is incredibly beautiful and unspoiled and Peter is an excellent guide. He and Chis go out of their way to make sure visitors have an wonderful experience. In our case, they arranged horseback riding, a sight-seeing flight and a farm museum to match our particular interests. We had stayed with them in Westfields but agree with them that the new B & B at Curlew Farm is even better. The lodging is first rate and Chris's breakfasts are superb.
- Whether you love the James Herriot books and series, or are just in search of the loveliest spots in the Yorkshire dales and moors, Herriot Country Tours is your best option. Peter and Chris are warm and thoughtful hosts, flexible and accommodating to make sure you enjoy the full measure of the delights this part of Britain has to offer. Peter is a font of knowledge about Yorkshire towns and byways, as well as anecdotes from the series and the real lives that inspired them. Chris treated us to a delicious Yorkshire cream tea, and we had a day full of memories to last a lifetime.
Thank you so much for everything!
- Well, my sister and I made another trip to Chris and Peter's. This time we brought my brother-in-law with us. I can honestly say that the 2nd tour was as good or maybe even better than the first one. We did things that we did not do on the first trip and each experience was very good. As usual, Peter was the most excellent guide and great driver. The new B&B with the new accomodations was most excellent. They have done a marvelous job with Curlew Barn. As usual, Chris' breakfasts are to die for.
- In May, 2014 we treated our two grown children to a trip to Herriot Country to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. This was simply the best week the four of us have ever spent together! Peter and Chris went out of their way to make our time with them special. They are both warm and welcoming as well as competent and knowledgeable. Above all, they are eager to please. To sum it up, we would not have changed one thing about our tour, except the length of our stay. Six days was not enough! Wish we'd spent more time in beautiful Yorkshire!
- My sister and I have always wanted top see the Yorkshire Dales after reading all the James Herriot books. We stayed at Westfields Farms and took the tour guided by Peter. The stay at the B&B was wonderful! The food was fantastic and Chris and Peter were most friendly and delightful company. We left feeling like we found 2 new friends rather than owners of the B&B. Peter is a fantastic, safe, and thoughtful driver. With Peter driving, my sister and I were able to see the beautiful scenery that Yorkshire has to offer. It was so nice to be picked up at the airport and taken back. Peter does it all for you! I would not have wanted to drive on those narrow and winding roads! Our experience there was outstanding. I would recommend this stay and this tour to anyone who wants to see the Yorkshire Dales and its beautiful land. Our week went by so fast that we could hardly believe it was over. Chris and Peter's breakfasts are to die for!
- We had such a wonderful time, we did it two years in a row! The tour was personalized to our interests.We were greeted with warm hospitality that lasted during our stay. Our days were spent surrounded by the beauty of the Yorkshire countryside as our expert friendly guide drove us to abbeys, castles, and stately homes. We gained a new appreciation of the literary figures of Beatrix Potter, Wordsworth, and James Herriot as we visited the scenic views that inspired their work. I will always treasure the memories of our outstanding vacations with Herriot Country Tours.
- Thank you thank you for one of the very best holidays ever! We love your delightful B&B and have fallen in love with the Yorkshire Dales! So Beautiful!
Chris, thank you for the fantastic breakfasts - especially the scones, absolutely fantastic!
Peter, where do we begin? You are a fantastic guide, great driver and just a wonderful person. We never once got tired of hearing about your love of the Dales and we especially liked the special places you took us to - both Herriot and non-Herriot related. Thanks also for the DVD of photographs of our tour. You could not have been better or more good humoured, not to mention informative.
This trip is at the top of every holiday we've ever taken, thank you so much.
- The time we spent in the Yorkshire Dales was a great experience. Our Herriot Country Tour hosts Peter and Chris were wonderful and the accommodation they had for us made us really feel at home. Peter's commentary and knowledge of the area as we drove around the Dales was very very good and nothing was a bother to him. We would recommend this tour to anybody that is interested in seeing the Yorkshire Dales.
- Shirley and I wish to thank you both for the wonderful breakfasts, the super comfortable room and bed and the common room for snacks and light suppers. It was sure a joy to stay with you for the tour. Thank you for the very pleasurable drives though the most scenic and beautiful countryside and villages ever to be seen. Your wealth of information which we so happily gleaned made this trip so enjoyable. I used to read about Yorkshire Dales and imagine, but now as I read, it will all come back to memory since I have been there and we have seen it. Thank you especially for the autographed biography of James Herriot. It's a keepsake. All in all it was a once in a lifetime enjoyable vacation.